Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankfulness Time

I know in years past I've written everyday saying what I am thankful for during the month of November. I wasn't going to do that this year, just do one weekly post of the things I had been grateful for. Kind of like I did last year. But I'm finding myself, at least yesterday and this morning, a little down in the dumps. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I'm in pain and no one seems to know the answer for me. But enough of that. I DON'T want a pity party!! There are two things that I am so extremely grateful for.
The first is the holiday season. I really am so excited for it! I have to restrain myself from turning on the Christmas music. I just love it! I love the spirit that it brings into our home each holiday season.
The second is, I truly am grateful when my pain is manageable so I can be a mom. Somehow, I'm not quite sure how, I get the things done I need to when they're really important. Like this morning, waking up from only a few hours of sleep still in pain, I was able to get my kids breakfast, read a story to them from the Friend Magazine, help get them dressed, said family prayers, and they were off to school. Even now the pain is manageable. It is those tender mercies from the Lord that I am grateful for. While going through this long trial I am supported and helped through it.
I feel better now. It's amazing how looking for the good in things, your blessings, can really help lift your mode. Have a wonderful day full of thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment