Monday, November 29, 2010

Cousins

Tonight I am thankful for my cousins. I grew up with over 70 first cousin, just on my dad's side of the family. There are 8 girls my age. It was a blast growing up with so many girls to play with. We would spend weeks during the summers at each others houses. One time all of us spent a week at our Grandma's house. It was so much fun being together and being with Grandma on the farm. We even got to bottle feed a little calf that had lost her mom during labor. Tonight one of my cousins that I was the closest to, we went to high school together, came over with some of her siblings and some of my siblings. We played games until way too late, but it was a lot of fun. It's those simple things that matter the most. The relationships in our lives that mold us to become the people we are today. I am thankful for the family I grew up in and the friendships I still have with my extended family members. What a blessing that is in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment