Thursday, November 18, 2010

Post Mortal Life

A friend I grew up with lost her little boy to brain caner this week. Their story and their strength has been amazing to watch and follow through this difficult time for them. They found out about the tumor about the same time they found out she was expecting their second child. The doctors didn't give him much time to live, but that little guy hung on. He was able to spend a few weeks with his little sister before moving on to be with our Father in Heaven. Time is so precious. Today while I was in the temple doing sealings, I couldn't help but think about this little family and their situation as I looked in the mirrors that go on for eternity. Even though my heart aches for this family and the pain they are going through, I am extremely grateful for the knowledge and testimony I have that we will be with each other again. There is life after death. Little Rex is free from pain and in a much better place. And all of that is possible because of our Savior, His sacrifice for us, and the sealing power we can receive in the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment