Monday, November 22, 2010

Funerals

I've been to several funerals in my life time. After the number reached 15 I stopped counting. Funerals can be sad places to be. I've shed my fair share of tears at a number of them. We are after all human and being sad is a part of that no matter what we believe. But they can also be learning experiences and a wonderful place to feel the spirit of our Heavenly Father. Today I was able to attend the funeral of one of my friend's little boy. He was born just 6 months before my youngest, so my heart was a little extra tender at the service to begin with. The spirit was very strong. Testimonies were born. Principles of the restored gospel were shared. There was even some laughter remembering some of the wonderful little things that this little boy did that were funny and cute. It really is amazing going to a funeral of a child or a righteous adult. The feelings that come to do better, to be better. This little boys is with our Father in Heaven. As they said in the service, he came into this world pure and clean and he left it pure and clean. It is now up to us to live our lives clean, and repent when needed, so we can see those little children and the righteous who have passed on before us again. I am so grateful for the spirit I felt at this funeral today. I am thankful for our Savior and His sacrifice so we can return to live with him again. I am grateful for the personal impressions I received because I was at this funeral today.

No comments:

Post a Comment