Thursday, November 25, 2010

Extended Family

In my family we rotate sides of the family for the holidays. For example this year we went to my husbands side of the family for thanksgiving and then for Christmas we will be with my side of the family. It has worked out so nicely. And is just so happens that everyone on both sides of the two families are on the same schedule too.
Before we ate today at my in-laws, we all went around and told what we were grateful for. I was so glad to be near the end. There are just so many things lately that I've been thankful for. When it was my turn I got a little emotional, a little embarrassing to tell you the truth. I told them all what I am going to share with you today, the thing I am most thankful for today. I am so extremely thankful for my husbands family. We look forward to the time we get to spend together. We all get along and we're all friends. I love all of his sisters and brothers and their spouses. My children have cousins that are their ages, and even the ones that are older are fun for them to play with. I know I am very blessed. I have friends that do not feel the same way about their in-laws. I love all of mine and I am truly thankful for that blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment