Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Am I...

...a good mom? It's a question I ask myself all of the time. I know other mom's have asked the same question before. But it's really something that I struggle with inside, and more so these last few weeks then ever before. I honestly don't feel like I'm the best mom I can be. I'm not judging myself to other moms. I'm comparing myself to me, how I used to be. I don't like the excuse of my poor health, so I'm not going to use it. When it comes to my children I should always be the best mom I can be. That being said, lets get to what I'm thankful for today. Tonight while I was listening to my daughter's prayers she said, "Thank you for the mom that I have." It was so simple. I'm sure that she didn't realize how powerful those words were to me tonight. She is glad that I'm her mom... Me. People can tell you over and over that you're a good mom. That you're going a great job. And while they are saying that, in your head you're saying, "if you only knew, I'm really not", well at least I do that sometimes. But not tonight. All I felt was love. Love from my daughter. Almost as if she was really saying to me, "Mom I love you no matter what. You are doing the best you can." How thankful I am for those simple yet powerful words tonight. On a night I really need to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment