Monday, November 15, 2010

Humbled by a Child

Tonight while listening to my oldest son's (6 years old) prayers I realized again how amazing he is. Each night he thanks Heavenly Father for many different things. Things such as: "the person who invented plastic, wood, trees, animals, the person who invented metal, the wind, school." The list goes on and on and he does this every night. It's not a new thing. But what I noticed last night is that each night it's something different. He doesn't say the same things night after night. He really thinks about them and I truly believe that he is thankful for them. In his prayers he says so many things that he is thankful for and he doesn't ask for many things. It helped me look at the prayers that I'm saying and difference between what I am saying I am thankful for, my blessings, and what I am asking for, the things I feel I need. I am grateful for a son who taught me a lesson tonight. He taught me to tell my Heavenly Father more of the things that I am thankful for, my blessings, then the things that I feel I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment