Monday, March 9, 2009

Whisperings

It never ceases to amaze me how the spirit can touch your heart. Yesterday at church we had a musical number. It was 'If you could hie to Kolob'. I've sung the song before I've even tried playing it on the piano. But yesterday I understood it more than ever before. The arrangement of the hymn was brilliant and seemed very difficult to play. The composer didn't use all of the verses of the hymn and mixed in the last two here and there. It really is so hard to explain how wonderful it was. Right in the middle of the song there was a lot of emphasis placed on the phrase 'There is no end to love'. It was amazing how I could instantly feel the Savior's and our Heavenly Father's love. And the phrase is very true, there is no end to their love for us. No matter what we do or how we act or how our live are. Sure they can be unhappy with our decisions but they will always love us. It is a truth that I've know for some time now reaffirmed yesterday in a beautiful song. What a blessing it was for me to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment