Monday, March 16, 2009

The Temple

Saturday night my family had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Draper Temple open house. My children were so excited to be able to go inside one of Heavenly Father's houses. It was beautiful! The workmanship, the amazing artwork, everything about it was exquisite.
Two things happened that I would like to share with you. First, I started to get really dizzy. It was odd because I haven't had a really big dizzy spell for quite some time. We were in one of the stair cases. My husband was holding our baby and our other two were standing in front of him. I mentioned that I felt a little dizzy and then I just started to fall. It really is a weird experience that I don't think I could ever fully explain. My body just started to fall and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Just then I felt someone grab me from behind. A wonderful woman saw me and helped just in the nick of time. What a blessing to me and to my husband who was unable to help. She stayed close by my side through the remainder of the tour. I don't know who this woman was, just that she was sent to help me and my family. Our Heavenly Father is ever watching us.
Second, on the way home my oldest told us what his favorite part of the temple was. He said it was the white room with the mirrors because he could see forever. This was so sweet to me. He was talking about the sealing room. It is a special room where we are married/sealed for eternity. There were mirrors hung on both side of the room so that when you look in them you really do see for ever, there in no end just like when we are sealed to each other for time and all eternity. What a wonderful evening it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment