Tuesday, March 24, 2009

long weekend

So I'm sure that you've heard the saying 'one step forward and three steps back'. Well the last few weeks I've felt like I was at least 50 steps ahead of where I was a year ago. Then this last weekend I took 40 steps back. It was so odd. It started Friday night. I got so dizzy. Just like I was a year ago now. Constantly spinning, can't move, head pounds when you lay down, can't focus my eyes or make eye contact. A whole bunch of not-so-funs. There were some good points, I could eat basically normal food, where as last year I was on baby food. So that was different, a good different. I started panicking thinking there is no way that I can do this again (Last time I was dizzy for almost three months!). So we, my husband and I, did everything we knew that might help and we prayed lots and lots. Today I am happy, no over joyed, to say that I feel good. I have a slight head ache. But who couldn't handle a head ache compared to what I was?
Looking back over the last few days there were so many tender mercies from the Lord. First and foremost this all happened over the weekend so my husband was home and could help, I didn't have any clients scheduled, and we had no other plans. And on those times when I was home alone somehow I was able to get food and things for my children when they needed it. I didn't once have to go to the hospital. I was worried I might have to tell some clients that I couldn't have them over. My first client scheduled for this week was today. I had some meetings on Monday, one in the morning and three in the afternoon, and everyone involved was so understanding and kind. My baby was up a little bit each night and I was able to get back to sleep after helping him out. My husband took him one night all on his own and let me sleep. My two older children were so helpful! They even made their beds without complaining. Really there were so many. I have come to know through all of my trials over the last year + is that Heavenly Father doesn't take them away just because we ask him to or we want them to be gone, but He will help us through them.

1 comment: