Monday, April 5, 2010

Zoo and Rain/Hail

Because of Easter and Spring Break we've had some cousins in town over the weekend. They stayed over for today so we went to Hogal Zoo in SLC. It looked like rain this morning and a little cold. Just before we were leaving I had some thoughts come into my head. First was to grab some winter coats for the kids, a extra sweater for me, and a blanket. I was so thankful for that!! When we got there the weather was colder so I put the coats on the kids. My sis-in-law didn't have an extra jacket for her son. I was able to give her my son's jacket to use after I put his coat on. Both were warm the rest of the day. I was grateful for the blanket. I put my youngest in the stroller. If I didn't have the blanket he would have frozen. Because of the blanket not only was he warm, but he was able to fall asleep for about an hour. We were there right at nap time. Second, I had the thought to grab my pills. Then the thought to put them in a baggie so I wouldn't have to take all the bottles. I wouldn't have had room in the stroller for the pills. I was able to eat lunch because I had my pills. I also had the thought to grab some extra food that I would be able to eat.
Now to the weather. It really couldn't have been better considering the forecast. It only rained/hailed when we were in buildings, near a building, or eating lunch. We didn't get wet. The kids were able to be with cousins and build those relationships. And to top it off we had the zoo pretty much to ourselves because of the weather. Then it rained on us the whole way home.
Tonight while I was saying my prayers I started to remember all of the amazing tender mercies the Lord had given me. Thank you for letting me share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment