Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Balance

Balance is a tricky thing, but very important. If one thing is out of balance in our lives everything is thrown off, not just that one thing. Well it's not easy for me to tell you about my out of balanced life right now. And then I remembered that I didn't start this blog to only tell when things are going good. I started it so I would remember the tender mercies the Lord sends me. And He sends tender mercies even when things are not good.
I didn't realize that I was out of balance, and that's putting it pretty lightly, until yesterday when I was talking to my hubby. I knew something was off. I've been feeling a distance between me and the Lord. I say it that way because it starts with me. The Lord is always there when I (you) need him. Looking back it was the little things that were thrown out of balance. The biggest one and first one that needed to be fixed was I wasn't spending the little moments with the Lord each day that I usually do. I was still reading my scriptures but that was it. I usually read from the Friend magazine to my children when they eat their breakfast. Then we talk about the story and I bear my testimony to them about the principal that was in the story. I stopped listening to church music in the car. That was a big eye opener to me. I have always loved that my children were good in the car while driving. Of course that is just around town. When we go on trips they are normal kids that fight every once in a while. But not when we are just driving to the store. Well lately they have been fighting so much! And It drives me crazy! There are many other things too not just with the Lord. I haven't exercised in about a month, I haven't done any kind of service out side of my home, I either spend too much time cleaning or too much time working or with my kids, and not enough time with my kids, and so on.
Last night just before we called it a night my hubby suggested that we go to the temple in the morning. It was something I had been thinking about all day but didn't know when I could or would be able to go. My hubby didn't have to leave town until this afternoon. I just assumed that it should be spent with the kids. This past weekend was our first date of the year and before that I can't even remember the last time, just another aspect of my life out of balance. It was an answer to a prayer I had it my heart.
The temple this morning was wonderful! I felt peace that I hadn't felt in what seems to me a long time. When we got home I went to the doctors, then spent some time with my children. I made some dinner and took part of it to two families that needed it, cleaned a little while the kids got ready for bed, and then before I went to bed did some studying to go along with my reading. I was beginning to feel so much better! I felt so happy!
Even when we mess up the Lord still sends His tender mercies because He loves us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment