Thursday, April 15, 2010

Getting Better

Yesterday was another great day! I had a plan when I woke up about the time I would spend in each area of my life. I read to my kids at breakfast, what a great way to start the day! I had forgotten how wonderful it was. We had family prayer before my oldest went off to school. I kept forgetting to do that. When my hubby is home we always have morning family prayer. Then we cleaned the house a little. I set the timer and decided that when it went off it was okay to stop what I was doing. I didn't have to get the whole house cleaned in one day. It was hard but I did it. Then I exercised and danced with my two kids that are at home. Boy did that feel good. We listened to church music in the car. WOW what a difference it has made already! We went to the store and not one mean word was spoken between my kids. Little times throughout the day I snuck away to study the book I am reading. Little prayers that I've had are being answered through this book. When we were at the store a deaf man needed some help. I know a little sign language so I stepped up and helped him. It's something that I usually would have done in the past but not the last little while. It felt so good to help him and I only got that feeling because I was willing to step outside of my comfort zone. I worked a little and spent some more time with my kids. It was another good day! I am going to try and keep this up because I am feeling the gap get smaller and spirit is once in again in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment