Monday, April 12, 2010

Words

This past weekend my younger brother played his last lacrosse game for BYU. I took my kids to watch him. They have loved going to his games. When we got in the car to go home the gas light was on. It had been on for a couple of days. I just hadn't had the time to get gas. My husband had called so we wanted to get home as soon as possible, besides we were cold from being outside for so long. So just talking out loud like I often do I said, "Ok everyone say a prayer that we get home without running out of gas". I didn't think about it again and then I heard my little girl say, "Okay my we're ready." "Ready for what?" I asked while tyring to get through traffic. "We're ready for the prayer" she replied. She had taken my words literally and I was glad she did. To be honest we really could have stopped for gas. We passed a couple of stations on the way home. I just wanted to get home to see my hubby. So I told my little girl that she should say the prayer. It was short, sweet, and with faith. After she was finished I was once again focused on my driving. When we pulled into the driveway I heard her say from the back of the car, "See we made it! Heavenly Father is awesome! We have an awesome Heavenly Father!" Her words were so true! We do have an awesome Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for my children and that my awesome Heavenly Father not only trusts me with their care, but He also teaches me so many things through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment