Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Migraines

Yesterday was by far the worst day I've had in a long time. Now having said that I also had lots of little blessings too.
My 2 year old woke up at 6 am and needed some juice. I didn't feel very good, a slight head ache. Then he woke up again at 7 am this time I had blind spots, a migraine. I've never woken up with the blind spots before and I usually have them first and then the head ache. And to top it all off I had stomach pain too. I got up and took a shower. By the time I was finished my left pointer finger was completely numb and slowly all of my fingers went numb. I knelt down and pleaded with my Heavenly Father to help me. Not only did have the two little extra children that I watch each day, but I had a meeting at my house at 9:30am, and I wanted to go to the temple later in the afternoon. I needed strength from on High. My blind spots went away. My stomach calmed down and my head ache settled enough that I could make it through the meeting.
Throughout the rest of the day my head ache would shift from different places. I couldn't eat much food, just veggies here and there, because my stomach was hurting. I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it to the temple. My bro-in-law is getting married for Time and All eternity this weekend and his sweet fiance was receiving her endowment yesterday. Again more prayers were offered so I would be able to attend and support her. I was able to go. My stomach stopped hurting. And my head ache was gone. The experience was wonderful. I love being in the temple when someone is experiencing it for the first time. It reminds me of my first time and how amazing it was.
On the way home my head ache started again. By the time I was at my parents picking up my three littles the blind spots had returned and much worse. We quickly got home, called dad, said prayers, and got to bed.
I am still in awe at the blessings I was given to make it through the day. One blessing I haven't mentioned was from my husband. Before he left to his job for the week he placed little cute notes around the house for me to find. They gave me comfort and encouragement yesterday when I wasn't doing well. Heavenly Father truly knows us and gives us strength when we need it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment