Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Little Neck

This week seems like it's been so long already. It started off with my husband going to work. We were all going to go down with him since it was a holiday with no school or other littles to watch. But our plans changed. My youngest fell off the bunk bed Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon, when we were going to leave, he was really starting to hurt. My husband didn't feel good about us coming down with him. I decided to listen to his prompting. I was so glad we didn't go down. My youngest really started to struggle. He hurt to do almost anything. He cried when I had to change his diaper. I didn't realize how much you use your neck muscles for such little things like laying down. It breaks my heart even today to see him struggle to turn his head. He has to move his shoulders just to see things from side to side. I took my three littles to a movie on Monday to try and do something fun since we weren't with Dad. It hurt him to ride in the car. So I know that driving 2.5 hours down there Sunday night and driving the 2.5 hours back Monday would have made his little neck so much worse. I've taken him to the chiropractor three times now, and today we did x-rays. Luckily nothing is broken and finally this afternoon he seems to be doing better. He only winces a little while changing his diapers, and when he woke up from his nap it only took a few minutes for his neck to warm up again. Sometimes we have to listen to others to find the answers we need. Or the blessings that Heavenly Father intends for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment