Sunday, December 6, 2009

Teaching

Today I taught in Relief Society. It was more different than any other time that I've taught. When you are teaching you are supposed to let the spirit dictate what happens in the lesson. You prepare, prepare, and then prepare some more but in the end it is what the sisters need and the spirit helps guide you. Yesterday I felt the spirit several time. Great comments were made by the sisters. But in the back of my mind I felt rushed. The thought, "hurry get through the lesson" wouldn't stop coming. It wasn't necessarily a peaceful thought either. And that is what I did. I got through all of my material. I felt like I rushed things. When I finished I sat down and immediately said a silent prayer asking for forgiveness. I felt I didn't deliver the lesson I needed to. It was a very sincere and heart felt little prayer. After the meeting several women told me thank you. I honestly felt like they were just being nice. It wasn't until one sister came to me with tears in her eyes and told me what she learned and how it helped her that I felt peace. I know she was sent by Heavenly Father to answer my prayer. The lesson was as he wanted it to be. The spirit was there and the sisters were taught by it. I am thankful for a caring Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment