Friday, December 11, 2009

Will you have the courage?

Well I almost didn't. The promptings were so strong and I almost didn't listen. I'm so glad I did. We went down to be with my husband. He was on call and couldn't be more than an hour from his work for 7 full days. We can't go that long without him so we went to see him. We got there (the assisted living place where he stays) Wednesday night. Things were great! We ate dinner as a family and everything. Then that night our middle child woke up at 12:30am throwing up all over the place. We got it, and her, all cleaned up just in time to get back to bed, fall asleep, and then our youngest started. After we got it, and him, all cleaned up we did get a few hours of sleep. But the next day wasn't the best. I wasn't feeling very well and of course the two kids were not 100% yet. In the late morning I took the kids on a drive to get familiar with the area. Then our oldest threw up all over in the car! It wasn't pretty. My husband was able to leave work to help me clean it up. I started to pack. I was stressed out, tired, and I didn't feel good at all. I started to worry that I was going to get sick too. The last time I got the stomach flu I had to go to the hospital because it gave me my attacks. And here we were in the middle of no where. I was so anxious to get home. I was almost finished with the packing when the thought came, "Stay". I brushed it off. I really wanted to get home. It came over and over again. Finally after everything was cleaned up and the car almost packed I sat down and started to cry. I told my husband what I was feeling. He suggested that we could just get a hotel room. Instant peace came. So that is what we did. I got to rest. The kids were able to rest and play a little. We got some dinner, my oldest threw up again, but this time in the toilet so no mess. The next day, Friday, was so much better. I still wanted to go home and felt it was my decision. My husband cleared some time in the afternoon so we took the kids up in the mountains and cut down our Christmas tree. It was so much fun! A memory that I am so grateful for. My kids had a blast, and because of that they don't have the bad memories of being sick where dad works. Another thing I noticed, looking back, is the cell coverage is not good on the roads to his work. If something would have happened to me on the drive home I would not have been able to call anyone for help. I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father that cares, that protects, and tells us over and over and sometimes over again until we have the courage, faith, and trust in Him to do what He knows is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment