Monday, December 7, 2009

Croup

My husband is 'on call' this week down at his job. Which means he can't be any further than an hour from his office for 7 days. It started this morning. So last night we were trying to decide if he should go down then or wait until this morning. He was tired and because of the snow storm coming we both wanted there to be a little more light while he was driving. So he decided to stay the night. I didn't know what a blessing it was. In the middle of the night our oldest woke up struggling to breathe. I jumped out of bed to help him. We quickly applied oils to his chest, bundled him up, and took him out in the cold to help his lungs. It was croup. I didn't know that kids who were older (almost 6) could still get croup. He got it once last spring and we took him to the E.R.. When the doctor told me I didn't want to believe him. So last night we did all of the normal things, you know the onion pack, etc. And of course my husband gave him a priesthood blessing. All night I just kept thinking, what would I have done if he wasn't here? I know it was a blessing from Heavenly Father that helped us make the decision for him to stay home. I needed the help and Heavenly Father knew I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment