Monday, December 7, 2009

An Example

This year at tithing settlement our Bishop asked us to take home a calender he had prepared for us. Each month we are supposed to do something for someone in the ward. It doesn't have to be big, just so that we are taking care of each other. Being more mindful of those around us. I thought it was a great idea. A wonderful way for us to reach out to others and really become a close ward family.
Today my oldest, who was sick last night, asked me if he could shovel the walk way in front of our house. I said yes of course. I was touched that he would want to do something like that. He was gone for a while but I didn't think much of it, there was a lot of snow. When he came in he was so excited to tell me what he did. He said he saw that our neighbors walk way had snow on it too. So he decided to shovel it for them so they wouldn't slip and fall. He was so proud of him self for doing what the bishop had asked us all to do. He has such a tender heart. I can't wait to see what great and wonderful things he does with his life. He is an amazing example of love to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment