Thursday, October 29, 2009

New Job!

Well my husband got a job, yeah! He has been looking for about 4 months now. We've been praying, fasting, attending the temple, trying to know what the Lord would have us do. It's been a growing experience for me. Up until now, all of the moves or big decisions in our married life have just sort of happened. Looking back I know we were guided by the Lord. But this was very different. For one it took a lot longer. More prayers were offered. A lot more stress was there, my faith was tried on a number of occasions. I think the Lord was preparing me for this job. It started a few months ago with a job interview that would have moved us, I think, 3 hours away. It was a job that my husband really wanted and we felt really good about it. Then the offer came back no. We didn't understand why we would feel so good about something that wasn't going to happen. So we pressed forward, job interview after job interview. Then an offer came, and we didn't feel good about it. Turning that job down was so incredibly hard. Thoughts would come, 'what if another job didn't come after this one?' ' how can we turn this down when we have been praying for a job?' My husband had a lot more faith on that decision than I did. And it was back to more interviews, more hopes getting raised and then falling again. Then this job came up. It was like the first job we felt good about, something my husband really wanted to do. We went to the Temple again, and like the first job we felt really good about it. The offer came back, yes. I had so many mixed emotions. The first was I new it was right, we needed to accept the job. Then it was sadness because we would have to move from this amazing neighborhood and Grandparents that live very close. So I was really happy and crying all at the same time. This job is 2.5 hours from here and our families. It will be an adjustment for all of us, but we know it is where we are supposed to be. The timing is really perfect, and it happened so fast. We got the job offer this past Monday and he starts this coming Monday. Through all of this I am reminded of the anonymous quote,"Faith in the Lord also means faith in His timing." I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment