Monday, October 5, 2009

Only 22 months old!

My youngest son is only 22 months old. He is starting to use more and more words so my husband and I have been helping him say simple prayers. I usually help him with the blessing on the food at lunch time. My husband for a few nights now has been helping him say his nightly prayers before he goes to bed. I had forgotten that when it was my turn to put him to bed. I layed him down and he started to cross him arms and rub them. I thought he was telling me he was cold, so I put a blanket on him. He kicked off the blanket and signed again. So I changed his pajamas into long sleeves and put him back to bed. He did it again but this time stood up and pointed to the ground and then I heard him say 'prayer'. In only a few nights he knew what to do before bed. We said his simple prayer and he went right to bed with no problems. I am continually amazed at how sensitive very small children are. I learn so much from my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment