Monday, October 5, 2009

179th General Conference

General Conference was simply wonderful! It was one of the most interesting conferences that I remember. The speakers choose their topics according to much prayer and fasting so they deliver the messages that Heavenly Father wants us to hear from them. I was amazed at how many speakers talked on Love, personal revelation, and the spirit. The importance of Love, showing Love, having more Love in our homes, serving others to show love, etc. How you need to live you life so you can have the spirit with you. Being able to and the importance of personal revelation. Sometimes during a conference there are a few talks on the same subject. This time there were only a few that were not on these topics. I learned so many things and found lots of things to work on both individually and in my family. I am so grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints and that I am apart of this great work. I don't know where I would be with out the knowledge I have that Christ Lives, He died for you and me. He loves us, He truly Loves us. Heavenly Father loves us. It was said by two different speakers on Saturday that Heavenly Father's love is most evident because He let His only begotten son suffer and die for all of us. So that we can return to live with Him someday. The spirit was very strong through out the entire Conference. One of the most powerful talks that hit me the hardest was by Elder Jeffery R. Holland. He was the first speaker in the afternoon session on Sunday. His power and conviction reached out through the television and grabbed me! His talk was on the Book of Mormon. What an amazing testimony, if you missed it please go and listen to it. We can learn learn so many things by those that have been called to lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment