Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A True Friend

This morning while I was putting on some makeup my thoughts turned to a dear friend. She is one of those friends that no matter how long it's been since you've talked or seen each other you can always pick up right where you left off. For a few years she was far away going to Law School for her husband. Now that she is closer we talk more often and we get together more with our families. She is a true kindred spirit.
While thinking of this wonderful friend of mine I remember what she did for me, a tender mercy from the Lord I had forgotten about. A couple of weeks ago I had a really bad day. I was in a lot of pain and feeling sick. My husband came home and gave me a blessing and that helped. I was given peace. It's hard sometimes going through trials especially when you feel that no one knows, except for Heavenly Father of course, what you are going through. So on this really hard day of mine, just minutes after my husband had to leave to an important meeting, my friend called to see how I was doing. I tried to lie like I do sometimes when I'm asked the question, "How are you?" My learned response is, "Fine" even if it's not true (something I know I need to work on). But she is one of those friends who know me well and know when it's just an answer and not really the truth. So we talked and talked, probably for an hour. I don't know if she'll even know how much that helped me to get through the day, helped my spirits, and how I felt the love of the Lord by sending me this wonderful friend at a time that I needed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment