Friday, September 25, 2009

Insite again

Have you ever been reading something and your mind drifts off to something else while still continuing to read? Well my mind did that tonight. It was during our nightly family scripture study. We were reading Alma chapter 34. It talks about the atonement but the insites that I gained were not necessarily the words that I read. It hit me so strong it was hard to finish reading my verses. When I was finished my daughter asked me why I was crying. This is what I told her and the rest of my family...

You know how sometimes we have bad thoughts? Like sometimes you don't like me when I get upset with you, or sometimes you get mad at [your brother]? Well Jesus never had those thoughts. He never once had a bad thought about anybody or anything. He was perfect. He had to be to satisfy the law. And then I started thinking about the three of you and how much I love being your mom. Jesus died very young. Did you know that He was only 33 when he died? I'll be 33 in a few years. That would be like me dieing in just a few years. Jesus gave up SO much for us! He loved us so much that he died very young, He had done everything He was asked to do. And all we have to do is try to be good and repent when we make mistakes. What a wonderful gift that he gave us. That is why I am crying. The spirit helped me to understand this a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment