Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An Angel

Today was a crazy day for me. I had a doctors appointment at 11 am and the baby sitter could only watch my kids until noon. I also had a women coming over to my house just after noon for some help with her computer. And my oldest gets out of school at noon. It takes me about 20 minutes, give or take depending on traffic, to get to the doctors. The whole way there I was praying that he would be on time so I could make it back to my kids in time. I was really stressed out to say the least.
When I got there there were 4 other women in the waiting area. After the doctor came and took one back for her appointment I asked the other 3 if they were waiting for the same doctor as I was. They were and one had been waiting for an hour. Her appointment was supposed to be at 10 am. So I said out loud, "Well I've have to come back another time. My sitter can only watch my kids until noon and I live in ____" One woman, the one who was next in line who had been waiting for just over an hour, said I could take her spot. I looked at her with shock. I had never seen this woman before in my life and she was offering me an amazing gift. I turned her down, and she persisted telling me how she understood about sitters and children because she had little kids of her own once. I asked the other women there if it was okay with them. They too understood and said it was okay. I was very humbled. If I had been one of the other women I don't know if I would have felt the same way. I probably would have been upset. These women had no idea what my day was like. They didn't know how stressed I was. Heavenly Father had answered my prayer through this woman, this angel sent to help me. Heavenly Father knows us. He loves us, and He cares about us!

No comments:

Post a Comment