Monday, August 31, 2009

Vacation

This past weekend we went on Vacation. It was a family reunion for my side of the family. Things can be really crazy when packing for a family of 5 for 3 days. At one point I couldn't find my keys and we needed to be out the door running an errand 5 minutes ago. So I was a little frantic. I kept asking my kids if they had seen my car keys. My oldest stopped and very calmly said, "Mom why don't you say a prayer to help you find them?" It was what I needed. I wasn't calm enough to listen. And not more than 5 seconds later we found the keys right there on our kitchen floor.
While on vacation I was a little worried about my health and if I was going to be able to do the activities with the family. I was blessed beyond measure! When I started to get sick or feel pain it was amazing how the thoughts would come into my head of what to do. Now that doesn't mean that I was completely free from pain. The first time I didn't listen as fast so I was sick for a little while. But for the most part it didn't last very long and I had tons of help. It was wonderful, and I am so thankful that I was able to be there and have those memories with my children and extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment