Friday, August 14, 2009

Missions

In our church 19 year old young men go on a service mission for two years. They teach people about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. They serve, and they do this by their own free will and choice. Some people looking in from the outside of our church have said that it's crazy. Some have said it's a waist of their time. All 5 of my brothers have now served the Lord. My youngest brother returned from serving in Leeds England. He has grown up so much! He left being my baby brother and returned this amazing man firm in his testimony of Jesus Christ. Most of the boys that go return this way. The Lord knew what he was doing when he asked the young 19 year olds to serve. There is something about service that changes people. Even if the service is right where you live. You can grow and develop in ways that you wouldn't otherwise. You learn how to love others in a way that God can only teach you through service.
He will always be my youngest brother, but it's a little different now because he has matured in leaps and bounds. It has been a joy to talk with him. I live close to my parents so he has been to my home and I've been able to talk to him one on one.
My children have missed him and are trying to catch up on all of the wrestling he missed out on. :] We are so thankful that he was safe and returned home to us. The Gospel is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment