Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Camera bag

Another blessing from the Lord happened this last weekend. We spent some time with my good friend from Collage and her family. They have a bunch of property so of course we built a fire, had tinfoil dinners, and rode 4 wheelers all over the place. It was so much fun! Among the fun we had an almost accident and a huge tender mercy from the Lord.
My son has ridden a little 4 wheeler by him self before. So I didn't think it was a big deal for him to drive their little one too. I didn't ask if they had the governor set or not, something I will always ask from now on. He drove off just fine, was gone for maybe two minutes, then came back. We were sitting by the fire and cheering him on. Then he started to gun it right for us. I jumped up off of my chair holding my youngest. When I turned around my friend, who is 7 months pregnant, was still sitting on her chair and the little 4 wheeler had stopped touching it. My husband jumped out his 4 wheeler to help our son and pull the little 4 wheeler back. We couldn't pull it back until we noticed my camera bag was lodged in between the front tire and the plastic cover over the tire. It took some force to get it out. Afterwards we started to talk about what had happened, my friend trying hard not to laugh about the whole thing (which I was very grateful for). The Tender Mercy was then realized. My son had not let his thumb off of the gas. When my husband came to get him off he was stilling gunning it. If the camera bag had not got stuck we would have had a much different ending. Still thinking about it I am amazed that not only he ran it over but that I had both of my cameras out of the bag and no one got hurt. When we pray that we will be safe when we go on vacation the Lord hears our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment