Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Faith of a Child

Tonight I was listening to my 5 year old son pray. I love listening to him pray. He can say the most insightful things. Tonight he said something that I've never heard him say before and I wanted to share it with you. "Please bless that Jesus will come down and visit us and all the people soon" was how he put it.
Lately I've had some really good spiritual conversations with my children in the car. They are the ones that start asking the questions or sharing their feelings. It really is a good place to talk to them, no distractions. I think that it has helped that I play 99% church music. My 3 year old daughter has brought up Jesus quite often. This last time, a week ago, she started to cry and tell me how much she missed Jesus. It was sweet and tender. Then she asked when he was going to come down to see us. I told her that only He and Heavenly Father knew when. She cried some more, because she missed him 'so much'. When children are still young and the veil is still thin, it is then that we need to listen to them the most. They remember things and feelings from before. It is then that we, if we are in tune and paying attention, can try and remember those feelings too. Oh the faith of a little child.

No comments:

Post a Comment