Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lost

I coach my oldest son's soccer team. Last night we had a game. During the games my husband helps me coach the team on two fields. My other two children watch from the sidelines. Last night my mom came with one of my nieces to watch. Towards the end of the game my daughter and niece took my youngest son to get a drink of water. When the game ended we couldn't find my son. My daughter and niece forgot him at the drinking fountain. The place where they have the games is a gigantic complex. Just to get to the field we played on we had to walk for almost 5 minutes. There are always tons of games going on with a lot of people everywhere. So when they didn't know where he was I got scared. Of all the places to get lost, this was almost as bad as a mall. We ran and searched and searched. Panic set in and then I remembered to say a silent prayer for us to find him and for him to be okay. I don't remember how long it took us to find him and my husband was the one to find him. He was standing behind a mini van in the parking lot. Relief came but I was still a little scared. I have never lost a child like this before. Then the 'what ifs' started to set in. What if someone hadn't seen him and they backed up their car? and so on. Then I remember that I said a little prayer and the Lord heard it. Everything was okay and I didn't need to think about the what ifs because he was safe. My other two children were still so scared they cried most of the way home and wanted to sleep with him last night. So all three children slept in the same room while my husband and I were able to sleep peacefully in our room. How grateful I am that the Lord kept him safe, answered my prayer and we were able to find him. My three children are three of my most wonderful blessings in this life. And I am so lucky that I have all three of them still here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment