Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blessed

This past week has been another hard week. Besides my little trip to the ER (almost 2 weeks ago now) I was feeling really good. Not many nights with pain. Well this week has been a different story. Since Sunday night, when I up until 3am with pain, I've had lots of pain every night this week. Usually when I'm up with a lot of pain I tend to struggle the next day as well. So when I have several nights in a row with pain I'm usually not able to do my normal day to day tasks. That has been a different story as well this week. Two days, so far this week, my sister has needed help with her son because she was called into work. I felt just fine when she called and asked for help. I was able to watch him and we even went to the park one day. On another day, one of my friends that lives near by wanted to help her neighbor who has been sick. The only way she could do service for her neighbor was if I watched her children. Again I felt really good when she called so I was able to help her help her neighbor. Looking back it was amazing, a true blessing and tender mercy from the Lord. I was able to feel good during the times of those days that others called for my help and I could help them who needed it. I struggle with the concept of being labeled as a person with "poor health". Though I do have poor health, that is not who I am. It doesn't define me. I've had a hard time with people asking me about my health lately. I don't want people to think of me that way. The Lord knows that I've been struggling with that lately. So this week when it really was a bad week for my health and I was struggling, I didn't have to tell anyone about it. I was able to say 'yes' when others needed my help. To help others is such a blessing. A blessing I have wanted and needed to be able to give to others. That in and of itself is an amazing tender mercy sent to me from my loving Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment