Friday, February 4, 2011

Surprise

Last night, Thursday, I didn't get to talk to my husband. He was busy at work. So I went to bed. He called me a little after 11 p.m. saying he was sorry. He had to take care of a few things so he could come home sooner tomorrow. Even though I was half listening and half asleep I was happy because I assumed that meant he would be home about 1 pm. He has staff meetings every Friday morning that are mandatory.
I don't remember hearing anything, not even the door open. I just sensed something so I opened my eyes and saw a tall black figure walking around in my room. I jumped and screamed a little. It was my husband. He had finished all of his work that he had for today and left as soon as he was finished. His boss had told him yesterday afternoon that there wasn't going to be a staff meeting, so he asked if he could do some work from home. I wasn't mad that he had scared me half out of my bed. I was so glad to see him, even at 2 in the morning! He joked telling me that it was tomorrow. What a wonderful surprise and just what I needed. A tender mercy from my Heavenly Father.

1 comment: