Monday, February 7, 2011

Selfish

Yesterday and today I have felt so selfish. My husband has five brothers. One of his brothers lost his job the week before Christmas. It's been hard on their family. But they've seen it as a blessing because now he is going to open up his own business. That is amazing to me that they are seeing it as a blessing and not dwelling on the loss. On Saturday we were told that another one of my husbands brothers also lost his job. They are not sure what they are going to do. We had a family fast yesterday for both families. It was a blessing to be able to fast together, and a blessing for me in another way. It helped to me to view our situation a little differently. Yes it's hard to be separated during the weeks. Yes it's been frustrating when things happen at home when I have to deal with them without my husband being there. But he does have a job. That is a huge blessing. We have a roof over our heads. We have warm clothes for our children. We have food on our table. We are blessed! There is a reason that our family is still going through this trial. I need to stop being selfish and start trusting in the Lord more.

No comments:

Post a Comment