Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Miracle

I know it's been a while. Actually there were two separate times I should have posted, but I didn't and now I can't remember what the tender mercies were. I don't like that one bit. I don't want the Lord to think I'm not thankful. Remembering is so important!
Today I want to share with you a little miracle that happened in our family. Sunday night my oldest son woke up to go to the bathroom. He then came and told us the toilet was over flowing. I asked him if it was all over the floor. He said, "no it's just going into the trash." I didn't understand. My husband went to check on it and didn't see anything so we both just fell back asleep. When I woke up the next morning, after my husband- I love sleeping in-, he told me how the back of the toilet the tank (the part that holds the water) had a crack in it. It was leaking all night long. Who knows how that part of the toilet gets a crack? I would understand if it was the toilet seat or even the bowl. Our kids tend to slam the toilet seat down pretty hard after going to the bathroom. But no one ever touches the back part. After looking at the crack, my husband told me the miracles that we received. First it was a miracle that our trash can was under the toilet and not where it usually is, and there wasn't any trash in it. Second, is that the trash can didn't overflow at all with water. The leak was only dripping a little at a time, crazy for how big the crack was. Yes we do have to buy a new toilet, something I wish we didn't have to do. But we don't have to replace the entire bathroom. The water was contained. It didn't leak onto the floor and into the basement. Still sitting here thinking about it, it is just crazy that there wasn't any more damage. It was a miracle. A tender mercy. A wonderful blessing to our family from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment