Friday, September 10, 2010

Watching Over Me

President Spencer W. Kimball once said, "God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." I know that to be true. I gained a testimony of that when my health problems first started. I was watched over so well by Heavenly Father through those around me, and I let them. It was very humbling and a huge blessing not only to me personally, but also to my family. So why is it that now when I need help is it so hard to ask, to think about asking, or even let people help me?
Yesterday was not a good day for me. I woke up at 2:30 am with extreme pain and it continued for the rest of the day. After about 5 hours I finally brought myself to call my dad to come over and administer a priesthood blessing. I didn't know how I was going to make it through the day. I had so many things on my list of stuff to do, and I knew I was in no shape to do hardly any of them. Then my mom called and didn't ask, just told me how she was going to help. Then my dad said what he was going to do. One of my friends moved her life around to help me. My sister called me later and solved yet another problem. Even though I didn't ask or even think of asking for help, my family and I were taken care of. Heavenly Father truly does watch over us. He carries us through our trials of learning and experience. I am reminded of what President Thomas S. Monson once said, "Don't postpone a prompting; rather, act on it, and the Lord will open the way." I don't know what I would have done yesterday if my family members and friend hadn't acted on what they thought they should do. I am extremely blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment