Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Scriptures

For the last 2 and a half weeks I've been sick again. This time was a doozie one. Lots of pain. Lots of trips to different people trying to figure out what's wrong with my body. Feeling frustrated once again because I fell off the ladder again, and this time it was further down then I've been in a very long time. One night about 2 weeks ago I went to read my scriptures. I felt like I needed to look up health and related topics and read those scriptures instead of my normal reading. I came across one in Alma 46:40. The last part of the verse says, "because of the excellent qualities of the many plants and roots which God had prepared to remove the cause of diseases, to which men were subject by the nature of the climate." Then another one in Doctrine and Covenants 42:43 where in the middle of the verse it says, "shall be nourished with all tenderness, with herbs and mild food." Those two scriptures really hit me. I felt like I needed to start researching herbs more. For the next few days I did some reading, but not much. It's hard to do anything when you're in pain and feeling sick. Last week the feeling came again to go and buy the ones I had researched. So I did. For the last 4 days I have felt so much better. I've been able to eat food again. I'm gaining a little bit of weight back. My trial isn't over yet, but I am being helped through it. My Heavenly Father loves me and is helping me. It's been extremely hard and it might get harder. For now I am so grateful for the health that I have and for the inspiration that came to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment