Monday, May 3, 2010

"Your Happily Ever After"

My wise husband suggested to me to read one of the talks from this past conference. One that I didn't hear already because it was given in the Young Women's meeting. It was President Uchtdorf's talk entitled, "Your Happily Ever After". It was a very cute talk. I'm sure the young women loved it. He talked about the princess stories that start with "once upon a time" and end with "And they lived happily ever after." You should read it if you haven't already.
Some of the quotes that I loved the most are these:

"Heavenly Father offers to you the greatest gift of all--eternal life--and the opportunity and infinite blessing of your own "happily ever after". But such a blessing does not come without a price. It is not given simply because you desire it. It comes only though understanding who you are and what you must become in order to be worthy of such a gift."

"Sandwiched between their "once upon a time" and "happily ever after", [the princesses] all had to experience great adversity... Adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger and experience joy."

"You will experience your own adversity. None is exempt. You will learn for yourself what every heroine has learned: through overcoming challenges come growth and strength."

"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop."

"Enduring adversity is not the only thing you must do to experience a happy life. Let me repeat: how you react to adversity and temptation is a critical factor in whether or not you arrive at your own "happily ever after"."

"We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own "happily ever after". The truth is, GOD KNOWS HOW TO GET THERE! Trust Him enough to follow his plan."

"You are princesses, destined to become queens."

I needed to hear all of that and I'm a grown woman. One more quote from one of my favorite movies, Anne of Green Gables, Miss Shirley says, "Tomorrow is a brand new day with no mistakes in it." So today I wake up with no mistakes yet and plead for a second chance from my Father in Heaven. A second chance to Endure my trials better with a better attitude, and with more trust to follow His plan for me instead of trying to find my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment