Sunday, July 5, 2009

Long week

This past week was a long week filled with so many tender mercies from the Lord. It was my extended family reunion with all of my 1st cousins and their children. I have 72 1st cousins. So it was a big family reunion, well just about 100 showed up so we were missing a bunch. It was my dad's turn to do the family reunion so he put me incharge of all of the activities. I also was scheduled to teach in Relief Society today during church.
So here is what happened in a nut shell...
At the last minute, well last Sunday, I felt I needed to change my lesson completely. So I started preparing for that. I also had to make last minute plans for the activities for the reunion and pack. Then I found out that my mom was sick so I needed to help her also. Then when we got home from the reunion I had an email telling me that I would be alone on Sunday. So I needed to conduct, teach, and do everything.
So here are all of the blessing and tender mercies...
I was able to find all of the things I needed to for my lesson. I was amazed at the things I found and I truly felt it was the Lord's lesson and not my own. At first I didn't understand why he wanted me to change and then today during sacrament I felt the whisperings of the spirit and I understood a little more. Now I don't know who needed to hear what was said or if the lesson really impacted anyone other than my self. And that is okay because I felt the spirit there and that is the most important thing. Also conducting went okay, I think, at least I didn't forget anything. :] During the reunion we didn't get much sleep the night before the big activities. I was very tired and really didn't think I could do it. But I did and it was amazing the strength I felt. I know it was from the Lord. It was supposed to rain on Friday and it didn't. We had lots of mosquitoes, which were very annoying and I'm still itching from all of the bites, but as my mother pointed out, what a blessing that we didn't have flys or bees. I learned more about my Grandmother and Grandfather. Things I will remember and Cherish the rest of my life. My testimony of the Plan of Salvation was strengthened. I know that I will see my Grandmother and Grandfather again some day. Also today I was prompted to bear my testimony in Sacrament meeting. I haven't felt that prompting for a little while. I feel I bare my testimony here so much and teaching I get the opportunity often. But today I felt I needed to in my ward. It was a good experience and once again I felt the spirit. I just love this gospel and the truths I know because I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment