Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sickness

I'm sorry it's been so long. I should have been writing down the things that have been happening so I could share them with you. We have been crazy busy the last little while.
A couple of weeks ago my sisters and I gave my other sister a baby shower. She was a little sick. She said that she was getting better and on the down hill side of it. So of course we didn't think anything about it my kids were even around her. The next week she called to see how we were all doing. She had found out that a sick client she had been working with had the swine flu. She went to her doctor and he told her that that is what she had had and to call all of her family and let them know. What a blessing that she got over it so quickly at 38 weeks pregnant.
My little 18 month old was the first one to get sick. I'm pretty sure he didn't have the swine flu. It was just a simple head cold. I don't think I got it either. When I was sick it only lasted a couple of days and it was more along the lines of a cold also. The same for my little girl. But my poor husband, we are pretty sure that he got the swine flu. He is starting to feel much better, but it wasn't fun at all. He had almost all of the signs and symptoms they tell you to look for. How grateful I am that it really is just like another strand of the flu. I feel bad for those who have had it and had loved ones die. I am very blessed to have a healthy family so that when this hit, we were able to cope and get better. I hope all of you stay healthy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment