Sunday, June 7, 2009

Baptism

Yesterday we were able to attend my Husband's Niece's baptism. There is something special about attending a baptism. Whether it's an older convert or a young eight year old, there is always an amazing spirit there. It's one of my favorite things. That and attending someone receiving their endowment (a gift from our Heavenly Father in the Temple), or being sealed for time and all eternity. These are amazing ordinances. The spirit that resides at these events can be breath taking.
At this particular baptism I was given a tender mercy from the Lord. I've been a little sick. Some of my stomach pain has come back. We're not sure why or what to do about it this time. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to attend. My husband and I even talked about driving separately so I could leave if I needed to. The morning of I wasn't feeling good enough to drive so we went together as a family. After the meeting started I didn't feel any pain and didn't feel pain until we got home that evening. It may seem like a small thing. But it's the small things/blessings that we need to recognize the most. It really does help us to see that Heavenly Father knows us on an individual level and he truly does care about us. I only hope I can live up to the blessings that he continues to send to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment