Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This year I read a blog that did a Family Home Evening opening eggs that had thing to do with Easter in them. So I got an idea, not my own I'm sure of that, to do a count down to Easter starting on the first of April. It was wonderful! Each night my children would pick an egg. Inside the egg were things that had to do with our Savior. For example one had tooth picks glued together with scriptures talking about how Christ was crucified on the cross. It was a wonderful teaching tool to help my children understand the true meaning of Easter. It ended on Easter Sunday with a family devotional. The last egg was empty like the tomb the Savior's body was layed in. We had a good lesson on the resurrection. What a blessing this was for our family. It made the holiday much more meaningful! I am so thankful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for each of us. He made it possible for us to return home. I hope you found the Savior this Easter.

Go here to see an apostle's thoughts on Easter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpFhS0dAduc

No comments:

Post a Comment