Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference

This past weekend was General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. It was amazing! I love that every 6 months we get to hear council from our beloved prophet and apostles. It is so refreshing and very spiritually filling to the soul. I've been watching conference every since I was born. I remember when I was little how my parents would make us watch both sessions on Sunday and it was always on in the house on Saturdays. My cousins didn't have to watch both sessions on Sunday and I will have to admit that I did complain about it once or twice. Now that I am many years older I am so grateful for my parents example. Because of them and their example I love to watch every session of Conference. And now that I have children of my own my husband and I have them watch all of the sessions with us, and yes they liked it. It truly was a wonderful weekend. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how many of my personal prayers are answered during Conference. I am sure that many of the other saints feel the same way. It is a wonderful Tender Mercy of our Heavenly Father to have His will and His word and council delivered to all of us twice a year. I hope you had the chance to watch. If not here is a link http://lds.org/conference/languages/0,6353,310-1,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment