Sunday, August 14, 2011

Blessings through Sickness

For the past two years I've done a Kids Kamp for my children and others. It's a lot of work, and also a lot of fun. This year it was scheduled for the 1st week in August. We had our first day on Monday the 1st. Then when we got home that day, two of my three kids were sick with a very contagious virus. I called all of the parents and they were all very understanding about postponing the kamp until the following week. I thought it was going to be a big burden. I had no idea what a blessing it was until that week continued. Besides the bad weather that would have made some of the activities impossible to do, I got really sick. Not the sick like my kids were, but my health sick that I've been struggling with now for the past 3.5 years. I haven't had a week like that in a long time. Looking back there wouldn't have been any way possible that I could have completed the kamp. I was so weak and ill. It was a tender mercy for me that my children caught the virus. A virus that they had been exposed to a week earlier that usually manifests in just a couple of days after being exposed. The Lord knew what my body was going to do and He knew that I wouldn't have canceled the kamp unless there was an extremely good reason to. Not only am I thankful for that tender mercy, but I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven that knows me better than anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment