Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Taken Care Of

Every summer I buy my kids summer movie passes. They see 1 movie a week though out the summer. It's usually an older children's movie, but it's still fun to go. Yesterday was the last movie for the summer. We were planning on going but then I didn't feel very well at the last minute. I called my sister-in-law, who goes with us, and told her not to expects us. She volunteered to come and get my three littles. I was so grateful for that, blessing #1, because I was able to take a nap and felt much better afterwords. When my children got home my sister-in-law told me what happened when they were driving to the movie. She was going to go through the intersection when the light turned green but hesitated, something she says she never does. Then just before she started to drive a car ran the red light going the other direction going extremely fast. The other car would have t-boned them and who knows what could have happened to my children, blessing #2.
Then today was really crazy. Yesterday before my sister-in-law said she would come and get my kids, I had told myself that I would just make it up to my kids and take them to the movie today. I had no idea that today was going to be three times more busy than planned, blessing #3, and I wouldn't have been able to keep my promise to them. I love it when I can look back and see that the Lord is always taking care of me and my family. I just need to remember to look back and truly "See".

No comments:

Post a Comment