Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two Parents

It's been two weeks since my husband moved back home with us. Every time I think about how it worked out with this new job of his I can't help but feel gratitude, peace, and the sense that this is what Heavenly Father had planned all along. There were many many things that I learned over that trial, some I shared with you. But the thing that is standing out to me tonight is how much my children need two parents. When my husband comes home from work he reads to the kids while I finish dinner. Or he takes our oldest boy out to play catch. Little things like that, that I haven't been able to do much of or not even at all because of the duties that I had to do all on my own. I have a deep appreciation for those women who, for one reason or another, don't have a husband to help them. I understand on a different level why parenting is so important both for the husband and the wife. I am grateful for that new understanding and Tender Mercie.

No comments:

Post a Comment