Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

This weekend my husband took me to visit one of my Grandmother's grave. She died suddenly 9 years ago. It was really hard for me. I know that I'll see her again. The Savior made that possible. I can still miss her and know that truth. She was an amazing woman. I was lucky to attend a college in the town where she lived. Every Friday or sometime during the week, I would go visit her. She would talk to me, feed me sometimes, loved me always, and then kicked me out so I could go have a social life while she finished my laundry. :] We were close when I was younger too. I didn't have any girl cousins my age on that side of the family. There were 4 boys older than me that I always tried to hang out with. When they wouldn't let me, she was there to pick up the pieces and then we would do something together. It is because of her that I love playing games so much. Every week up until she died, she was apart of a group that would get together each week to play games. I always thought that was so cool. :] There are many more wonderful things I could tell you about my Grandma that made her so special to me. The reason for this post is because of that visit and it being Mother's Day I have been thinking about my family. More specifically the women in family, both past and present. There have been and continue to be wonderful examples of faithful women who accomplished many things that surround me. I was fortunate to know both sets of my Great Grandparents on my mother's side of the family and one set of Great Grandparents on my father's side. One of my Great Grandmother's survived the great depression being a milliner, making hats. She was very frugal until the day she passed away at the age of 97, also 9 years ago. I am so blessed to come from the family that I do. I am who I am because of these amazing women and the example that they have set for me. I look forward to the day when we will all get to see each other again. I am and will be eternally grateful for the Savior's atonement that makes that reunion possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment