Tuesday, April 5, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

...and then sometimes lightening and thunder comes. So my last post I told you about the disaster that happened in our home, little did I know that that was just the beginning. One detail I didn't tell you about when we stayed at the hotel, our hotel room flooded. We joked about it using the saying when it rains (our house flooding) it pours (our hotel room flooding). It really wasn't that bad just our clothes got wet. After we got back from the hotel we looked at what money we had been given from our insurance to replace carpet and bathroom flooring. We decided to put a wood floor in down stairs instead of putting carpet back down. We also decided to knock a wall out that separated the kitchen and the living room to make a great room. With these changes, willing and dealing, and added some of our own money we figured we could replace all of the flooring in all of the bathrooms in our home. Another blessing. Now I'll tell you about the thunder and the lightening that have come since then. March 21st the doctor I've been working with since my surgery called and told me he didn't have any more answers for me. I had been in a lot of pain trying a new medication that wasn't working, and he wanted to send me to another doctor. I have now been through 4 or 5 doctors that have said the same thing to me, no answers. Then on the 22nd we were told that my husbands job was going to end. They were closing the ranch he works at. I cried myself to sleep that night. Then Friday the 25th of March we started ripping up the floors in our other two bathrooms in our home. We found water under the floor and what looked and smelled like mold. We turned off our furnace and moved to my parents house. Since it was the weekend we couldn't do anything until Monday. Over the next week we had experts come and test taken. We finally got the results back last Saturday and it is black mold. They are, as I am writing this post, cleaning up the mold. It is not an easy clean up. They have to use all kinds of chemicals, negative air pressure, containment stuff, and they have to rip out almost everything. This has been extremely hard and I'm embarrassed to say that I wasn't handling it very well. I got bitter and even a little mad. People that I talked to probably could tell and I am so sorry for that. Sunday was our church's General Conference. It is where our Prophet and other General Authorities give us council from the Lord. There were so many talks that were very meaningful to me. One reminded me that no one is free from trial and the thing that is most important in the end is how we handle ourselves during our trials. That was a big wake up call to me. I was humbled and felt the spirit talk to my soul. I have been so much better these past two days. My heart is lighter and I am now beginning to see the blessings that have come through this experience. I also learned, or was reminded, that Heavenly Father loves me and lets things happen to me so that I can be tried and tested. They are to help me be better, to become better. I have not been a very good example through this and I am going to change that. I really think that in the end after everything is cleaned up, replaced, and put back together our home will be better and our family will be stronger. I'm sure we will still try and sell our home, even if my husband is loosing his job. We have always been taken care of and I know that we will be in this case too. My biggest prayer has been answered, our family will be back together. It wasn't answered how I thought it was going to be our should be. It was answered the way that my Heavenly Father intended it to be. If you would like to hear more about General Conference click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment