Thursday, July 15, 2010

Phone Calls

Yesterday I was struggling emotionally. I don't know what it was, I'm not quite sure what set it off. I had talked with my husband early yesterday morning and told him that I was in a funk. I usually don't get to talk to him more than twice a day. Once with our children to say hi, read scriptures, and say prayers. Then later after they're in bed so we can say our couple prayer together. So when I got to talk to him in the morning it was a nice surprise, it was something that I needed. Through out the day I really tired hard not to think. I tried to stay really busy, to keep my mind from wondering. But there were those moments where thoughts started to creep in. Where in my mind I would have conversations with my self telling me all of things I was doing wrong, what a bad mother/person I was, etc, etc. Those moments where you almost loose it. And then the phone would ring, and it would be my husband just wanting to know how I was doing. Instantly I would feel better. Of course I would have to explain to him that I almost lost it again and was on the verge of tears, but he was there to comfort me. I don't know if he'll ever know how much that meant to me. I know that my Heavenly Father does. And I'm sure it was Him giving my husband the thought to call me, knowing he and only he was the one who could bring me some comfort at that time. I am so grateful. I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment