Saturday, March 6, 2010

They Prayed

Today I had to run a bunch of errands. One that I really really needed to run was taking a movie back to redbox. I got it free, and then forgot about it all week. I don't like it when that happens, oh well. I had the movie set out to take with us. I noticed that my oldest was looking at it. I asked him to put it back so I would remember to bring it with us. He didn't, so I forgot. I wasn't the happiest when I noticed we'd have to go all the way back home to get it. I looked all over the house while the kids were out in the car. I was very annoyed and went out to the car to get him so he could help me look for it. After he got out of the car my second child said, "mom we prayed that you would find it." My heart instantly was humbled and a feeling a peace came. I hadn't thought to pray and I wasn't happy that we couldn't find it. I went back into the house and I found it right away. I told my children 'thank you' for saying a prayer. My second child said she prayed that I would find it, and I did, it wasn't my oldest. Then they both said a prayer of thanks to our Heavenly Father for answering their prayer while I drove to the store. I was humbled by my 6 and 4 year olds. I should have thought to pray. No wonder we are to be like little children to inherit the kingdom of God. I have a lot of work to do. I'm so glad I have wonderful examples around me every minute of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment